Pacific application criteria are flexible. The selection team will evaluate applications based on their:
- Formal Education
- Must be a citizen of one of the following Pacific Island Countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu. (Special exception may be granted for citizens of Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands.)
- Must to be able to obtain a US entry visa
- Must be officially nominated and approved by their home meteorological organization/office.
- Applicants will be expected to have a fluent level of English.
- Must have some training and experience in weather observation
- Limited (one year or less) experience in weather forecasting.
- Training is geared towards non-Scientific Officers (observers, met technicians, etc.)
- Training is not for Scientific Officers (forecasters) who have gone through advanced training and met course (such as the Melbourne BoM), but for senior observers and non-scientific officers who might want to be forecasters
- Written explanation may be provided for consideration for justification of any deviation from the above criteria.